The Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality of Spain is one of the main collaborators in the WHO Patient Safety.
The main areas of collaboration are as follows:
- Clean Care is Safe Care with the support for the implementation of campaigns for clean hands in several Spanish hospitals, in keeping with the WHO clean hands strategy.
- Safe Surgery Saves Lives with the commitment of different Spanish professional societies in the use of the “WHO Surgery Checklist” which comprises part of the “Safe Surgery Saves Lives” Challenges.
- Research for Patient Safety:
- Co-funding and provision of technical management for the IBEAS project , collaboration among five Latin American countries, the Spanish Agency and the WHO.
- Starting up a national campaign for the “Reduction of Septicemias Related to the Use of Central Venous Catheters” (Bacteriemia Zero Project).
- Linguistic validation into Spanish of the International Classification for Patient Safety.
- Co-funding and co-management of the process of linguistically validating into Spanish the international ICPS classification.
- Translation and production of WHO Patient Safety documents in Spanish.