Participation in the Patient Safety and Quality of Care Working Group: technical group of the European Commission High-Level Group for coordinating Patient Safety and Quality of Healthcare strategies among the 27 member States.
Main actions since the end of 2005:
- Preparation of the Council Recommendation on patient safety, including prevention and control of healthcare associated infections .
- Development of a research project the European Network for Patient Safety (EUNetPaS) which was funded in the 2007 call for Public Health projects of the Directorate-General SANCO. The project leader was France’s HAS and Spain took part as an active partner.
The main objective was to develop a European network for collaborating in PS and projects in five working areas in coordinated networks:
- PS culture
- Education and training
- Learning and notification systems
- Pilot studies (medication errors and education): tools and solutions
- Promotion and dissemination