- Identify the clinical databases which can eventually be used as a standard of comparison for each one of the PSIs.
- Identify those PSIs for which there is no secondary data which can solely be studied by way of an ad hoc research study.
- Assure the feasibility of using those indicators for which secondary data does exist (linking capacity of said databases with the hospital admission MBDS).
- Plan record linking: contact owners, request permissions, assure record anonymity.
- Design the research study making it possible to establish the criterion validity in those cases for which there are no existing secondary sources.