Preparation of a quality model of nursing care for patient safety in hospitals.
- Design a tool for evaluating the safety of the patients admitted to hospitals in regard to the practice of nursing, taking the EFQM form as a basis.
- Evaluate the validity, reliability and feasibility of a patient safety model related to the care dispensed at the hospital in the Spanish National Health System.
- Analyze whether a dispensing of care based on levels of quality according to the validated model increases the safety of the hospitalized patients.
- Ascertain the levels of quality with which the nursing care is dispensed related to patient safety in a representative sample of the Spanish National Health System.
- Identify the main risk situations and the best nursing practices which improve patient safety.
- Propose strategies for improving patient safety when the standards or indicators of the model so indicate.
- Analyze whether meeting the standards of the model correlates with attributes of the magnet hospitals and with end results indicators.
SENECA Project. Nursing Care Quality Standards for Patient Safety at the Spanish National Health System Hospitals. Madrid: Ministry of Health and Social Policy; 2009. [Spanish]
SENECA Project. Safety in the nursing care of hospitalized patients. Madrid: Ministry of Health and Social Policy; 2010. [Spanish]