Constructing and validating indicators of patient safety-related good practices.
- Convert the 30 “good practices” recommend in the NQF document into indicators.
- Evaluate the reliability, applicability and usefulness of the resulting indicators.
- Set out recommendations on the methodology for measuring the resulting indicators.
- Conduct a study on the current status with regard to these indicators, on a representative sample of the hospitals in the Spanish National Health System.
- Favor the Soutine use thereof for the improvement of patient safety in the Spanish National Health System.
Constructing and validation of indicators of patient safety-related good practices. Madrid. Ministry of Health and Consumer Affairs; 2008. [Spanish]
Best practice indicators in the field of patient safety. Results obtained across a sample of SNS hospitals. Madrid. Ministry of Health and Social Policy; 2009. [Spanish]