To commemorate the III Global Hand Hygiene Day in Healthcare settings to be held on May 5th 2011 within the framework of the World Health Organization SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands initiative, the Quality Agency of the NHS of Spain, through the NHS Hand Hygiene Program coordination team, has published a Call for Ideas on awareness raising actions that can be implemented to celebrate the occasion.
- Candidates: Healthcare facilities, health/medical institutions, NHS’s teams, groups, associations and units or services that have developed proposals on the subject.
- Proposals: already designed projects and actions intended to celebrate the Global Hand Hygiene Day in Healthcare will be accepted.
- Area/Scope: Health Regions as a whole, NHS Hospitals or Healthcare Centers, individually or as a group.
- Documents: The proposal must be developed according to the following template (see annex II ). It is allowed to include any other documentation considered of sufficient interest for illustration purposes.
- Prizes: Three symbolic prizes will be awarded as acknowledgement for the best (winning) ideas. Three diplomas will be awarded to the shortlisted candidates. All of them will be disclosed on May 5th 2011 and will be delivered at the VI International Conference on Patient Safety to be held on October 19-20 2011.
The proposals will be submitted at the Health Department of the respective Health Region and addressed to the Hand Hygiene Program Coordinator, who will contact the Patient Safety Strategy representative to set up the selection mechanisms (see list of coordinators in Annex I ).
The deadline for submitting proposals is March 30th 2011.