- Review and analyze the scientific literature available concerning patient safety-related clinical interventions for the purpose of making evidence-based recommendations to the healthcare professionals.
- Prepare scientific evidence-based materials concerning safety for dissemination to both professionals and patients.
- Organize and offer training activities in the methodology of systematic reviews, reference source searches, critical reading, etc. to those individuals (residing in
) who are taking part in the reviewers group and in the production of systematic reviews on patient safety. Spain
- Provide advisory to the Ministry concerning any scientific or healthcare-related matter which may be of interest thereto in relation to patient safety.
Protocols and reviews conducted
- Ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention strategies during stress ulcer prophylaxis.
- Precautionary barriers (gloves, caps and gowns) to prevent the transmission of nosocomial infections.
- Medication labeling, coding and packaging methods for preventing medication errors.
- Perioperative glycemia check for the prevention of wounds in patients with diabetes.
- Pharmacological treatment for preventing and treating postdural puncture headache.